Pisces – Remembering the Men of the Deepwater Horizon

We steamed away from the Deepwater Horizon site at sunset under a cloudless sky.  As the rigs and ships receded over the horizon, it was difficult to picture the very different scenario that was occurring the night of April 20.  Sometimes, with so much attention focused on the environmental damage and the economic impact of the spill, it can be difficult for many people to recall the eleven men who lost their lives in the accident.

Ryan Harris, a crewmember on the Pisces, wanted to ensure these men were not forgotten.  “Shortly after the disaster first happened, the Commanding Officer (CDR Jeremy Adams) and I thought it was sad that there was hardly any talk of the eleven people who died,” Harris said.  “One night, we started a Facebook page, not really thinking it would go anywhere, but within a week we had over 1,000 people and it kept growing.  Then, I started getting e-mails from the family members of the eleven guys.

Ryan Harris performs memorial service near the Deepwater Horizon site

We were quite surprised that there was no talk of doing any kind of memorial service out at the site.  So, when we found out the Pisces would be going to the site back in July, I asked the CO if we could do a service out there.  I talked to the family members to find out what they wanted to see at the memorial service, and there were lots of requests for eleven yellow roses.  Out at the site, we had a moment of silence on the Pisces, as well as radio silence on the other ships out there.  Everyone on the other ships was very supportive of it – these were their co-workers who died.

Harris also helped set up a bank account in Pascagoula for the families, and is hoping to find a way to bring them out to the Deepwater Horizon site for another memorial service. If you want to check out his Facebook page, it’s called “In Memory of the 11 Workers from the Deepwater Horizon RIP.”

This entry was posted in Life at Sea, People, Pisces and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Pisces – Remembering the Men of the Deepwater Horizon

1. My relatives all the time say that I am killing my
    time here at web, but I know I am getting familiarity all the time by reading such
    good content.

2. Thigh gap says:

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent info I was looking for this info for my mission.

3. y510p says:

I just purchased a used lenovo Y410p for $469.99 at and I
    recommend it. It was basically new; no scratches or anything.
    They ship worldwide for free and they accept Paypal.
    It’s the best deal I’ve found for this gaming laptop.

4. If you want a thigh gap or simply just want to slim down your thighs, I recommend the Thigh Gap Magic program.
    Just do a search in Google, you will find it. It’s amazing!

5. really nice article… this gives the deeply knowledge about this article…really thoughtful… keep it up…

6. wew its so thoughful, btw nice article

7. Después de mi operación de barriga me fui de crucero en un barco maravilloso.

8. Great Thanks For Sharing its very useful

9. Post is amazing, I would like to look more posts like this.

10. sure is amazing, thanks for sharing

11. Erlara says:

there were always any tear in the past

12. Alat Bengkel says:

Jual Alat Bengkel dan Alat Teknik

13. menjual berbagai macam scanner mobil murah dan berkualitas http://scanner-mobil.com/

14. menjual berbagai alat perkakas murah dan berkualitas

15. menjual berbagai macam alat teknik

16. Suraj says:

I am going to like and share this fan page.

17. 我們熱愛旅遊,
    因此我們更加明白舒適的房間,對一趟好的旅程有多重要。
    我們期望所有來到【台中逢甲9527】的您們,
    都能攜帶放鬆愉悅的身心,享受美好的旅程。

18. I love to travel,So I am very aware how important the comfortable rooms to a nice journey.
    I expect all Traveler came to Taichung Feng Chia 9527 can carry a pleasant physical and mental relaxation , enjoy a wonderful journey .

19. Jual Mesin Gerinda Tangan Paling Lengkap dengan Harga Diskon Hanya di Tokootomotif.com

20. Jual Mesin Bor Gantung Berkualitas dengan Harga Diskon hanya di Tokootomotif.com

21. Jual Mesin Bor Berbagai Merk dan Jenis Paling Lengkap dengan Harga Diskon hanya di Tokootomotif.com

22. Jual Kunci Bor Berbagai Ukuran Paling Lengkap Harga Murah di Tokootomotif.com

23. Jual Hot Gun says:

Jual Mesin Gergaji Jigsaw Berkualitas dengan Harga Murah di Tokootomotif.com

24. Jual Drill Stand / Jual Dudukan Bor Nankai Berkualitas dengan Harga Murah di Tokootomotif.com

25. Jual Mesin Pemotong Besi / Cut Off Berkualitas dengan Harga Murah di Tokootomotif.com

26. jual clamp meter / tang ampere Kualitas Terbaik dengan harga Murah

27. Jual Coating Thickness gauge Harga Murah

28. tokootomotif.com Jual Dial Indicator Dial Indicator yaitu media ukur dengan skala yg amat kecil, contohnya pada pengukuran pergerakan sebuah komponen (backlash, endplay) pun pengukuran kerataannya (round out).

29. Jual coating thickneess harga murah

30. Jual Jangka Sorong Berkualitas Harga Murah

Jangka sorong merupakan sebuah alat yang digunakan untuk melakukan pengukuran terhadap suatu objek secara rinci. lat ini biasa digunakan untuk melakukan pengukuran dengan hasil yang detail atau rinci dari suatu objek

31. jual oscillope dgn harga diskon dan berkualitas tinggi.

32. Jual Sepatu Safety Berkualitas dan Paling Lengkap Tokootomotif.com

33. Distributor Penggaris Baja 30 cm WIPRO Jual Alat Ukur Murah dan Lengkap, Alat Teknik, Alat Bengkel, Alat Mekanik, Alat Otomotif, Perkakas Tangan, Harga Diskon. Hanya ada di tokootomotif.com

34. Jual Digital Sound Lever SANFIX 2310SL Agen Alat Ukur Murah dan Lengkap, Jual Sound Level Meter Harga Murah, Kami juga sedia Alat Bengkel, Teknik, Perkakas Tangan, Alat Otomotif. Harga Diskon. Hanya ada di tokootomotif.com